This privacy statement explains which personal details we collect and use and for what purpose. We recommend that you read this statement carefully.
Updated on 3 December 2020
We think it is important that personal data is processed prudently. We, therefore, ensure that all personal data is processed and secured with due care and attention. We observe the stipulations of the privacy legislation. Among other things, this means we:
- clearly explain why we process personal data. We do this in the current privacy statement;
- limit our collection of personal data to the personal details required for the purposes they are processed for;
- first ask you for your explicit consent to process your personal data in cases that require your consent;
- do not forward your data to third parties unless this is required in order to be able to provide the requested service or when we are obliged to do so by law;
- when we share your data, we make arrangements with third parties so as to ensure that the data is not used for other purposes;
- take appropriate security measures in order to protect your personal data and we demand the same from parties that process personal data on our instruction;
- respect your right to consult, correct or remove your personal data at your request.
If you have any questions or remarks concerning our privacy statement, you can contact us by:
- telephone: +31 (0)70 351 88 24 (available on working hours Western European Time);
- email firstname.lastname@example.org;
- or post: ICF secretariat, P.O. Box 80532, NL-2508 GM The Hague, the Netherlands
The use of personal details
We process your personal data in accordance with the described purposes and procedures of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We process your data because we need it in order to conclude or implement an agreement or because we are obliged to do so by law, either with your permission or because we (or a third party) have a justified interest in that. Justified interests are described in this privacy statement. Depending on the service you use, we may process the following personal data: your name and address details, telephone number and e-mail address. We keep data of our members in our membership directory, for mailings, for publication on the ICF-website and for invoicing.
We process the aforementioned data for one or more of the following purposes (also depending on the service you use):
- the registration of members in order to administrate;
- the registration of members to publish on our website;
- share information;
- for invoicing purposes;
- to reply to your comment or question.
Disclosure to third parties
When we share your data with a third party, we ensure that your data is not used for other purposes (by means of an agreement). In this agreement, we also stipulate that your data will be deleted as soon as it is surplus to requirements. If we do want to share personal data with third parties without this being required for our provision of services, we will do so only with your explicit consent. Furthermore, we will not share the data you provided with other parties unless we are obliged to do so by law.
Security and retention
We take appropriate security measures to prevent any misuse of and unauthorised access to your personal data. In this way, we ensure that only the necessary persons have access to the data, that access to the data is restricted and that our security measures are audited at regular intervals.
We do not keep the data longer than necessary. This means that we keep data for as long as is required in order to provide the service requested by you or for as long as the law stipulates, depending on which is the longer term. If you feel that your data is not protected securely or if there are signs of misuse, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.
The website uses analytical cookies (Google Analytics) in order to analyse how visitors use the website and how we can optimise the website. This enables us to improve the user experience. Thanks to these analytical cookies, your privacy remains safeguarded.
Changes to this privacy statement
We may change this privacy statement from time to time. Changes are announced on our website, which is why we recommend consulting this privacy statement on a regular basis, to keep yourself informed of any changes.
Inspection of and changing your data
You have the right to inspect, correct or delete your personal data. To do so, you can contact our administration department:
- by telephone: +31 (0)70 351 88 24 (available on working hours Western European Time);
- by email email@example.com;
- or by post: ICF secretariat, P.O. Box 80532, NL-2508 GM The Hague, the Netherlands
So as to prevent misuse, we ask you to correctly identify yourself when you make a written request for inspection, by sending us a copy of a valid proof of ID. Please do not forget to cover your citizen service number and your photo on the copy.
Dutch Data Protection Authority
Naturally, we want to help should you have any complaints about the processing of your personal data. If, however, we are unable to come to an agreement, you are, by virtue of privacy legislation, also entitled to file a complaint with the privacy supervisory authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. To that end, please contact the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
This (updated) privacy statement came into force on 3 December 2020.